- For Members
The Interlibrary Loan Intern reports to the Archivist & Reference Librarian and works fifteen hours (2 days—one of which must include Tuesdays 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.) per week handling interlibrary loan requests from our members for materials held by other institutions as well as requests from other institutions for Athenæum materials, sending and receiving invoices for those materials, tracking invoices in an Access database, and keeping statistics on interlibrary loan. This position will begin in January 2014.
- Handling all duties associated with ILL requests
- Shelving books
- Occasionally shifting books
- Answering reference questions and assisting members in using the Library’s resources
- Must be able to lift forty pounds and should be prepared to carry books and boxes up and down stairs.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be enrolled in master of library science program
The following are recommended though not required.
- Microsoft Office (especially 2007)
- OCLC ILL resource sharing
Pay is $13/hour. Please email a cover letter and résumé to Carolle Morini at firstname.lastname@example.org