Using Bibliotheca’s cloudLibrary service, Boston Athenæum members can now listen to a curated selection of fiction and nonfiction audiobooks via smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- On a mobile device, download the free “cloudLibrary by bibliotheca” app directly from your app provider (the Apple App Store on iOS, or Google Play on Android). Searching for “cloudlibrary” should bring it up. If you’d like to listen on a PC, simply click this link.
- To log in to cloudLibrary, you will use the QR code number on the back of your Boston Athenæum membership card. If you’ve misplaced your card, please email reference staff or give us a call and we’ll help you out!
- The home screen will show you your library card number, any books you currently have checked out, and any news/messages that the library may have for you. To browse or search for an eAudiobook you’d like to check out, click the Search tab.
- On the Search page, you can:
- Use the Search bar to look for a specific book.
- Use the icon on the upper right to filter the types of books you’ll see as you browse.
- Use the Featured tab to browse featured books that the librarians of the Boston Athenæum have selected.
- Use the Favorites tab to create a personal profile of your reading preferences and then browse a list of algorithmically recommended books.
- Use the All tab to browse ALL available books.
- Click the blue book icon to see a list of books you have checked out.
- On the My Books page, you can view and listen to the audiobooks you’ve checked out.
- On the Account page, you can configure various settings on your account, including notifications and data usage.
If you would like additional support in using cloudLibrary, please take a look at cloudLibrary’s thorough how-to videos and user guides, or contact our reference staff via email or phone (617-227-0270)