The Civil War Discussion Group meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Trustees' Room, unless otherwise specified at the Security Desk.
The group meets to discuss themes of the war broadly, such as leadership; battles; military matters; civilian and home front people and events; slavery; and pre-war and post-war politics. Come and enjoy a group that welcomes new members. Everybody learns something every time: a group of the members, by the members, for the members.
For any further questions, please contact the group's co-chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Summer!
- Sep. 26: Ron Chernow, Grant
- Oct. 24: William C. Davis, The Cause Lost
- Nov. 28: Richard White, Republic for Which it Stands
- Dec 19 (N.B. this is the third Wednesday): Richard White, Republic for Which it Stands (cont'd)
- Jan 7 (N.B. this is the first Monday and is a joint meeting with Fiction group, and will begin at 6:30, Fiction's regular start time): Shelby Foote, Shiloh
- Feb. 27: Drew Faust, Republic of Suffering
- Mar. 27: Louisa May Alcott, Louisa May Alcott’s Civil War
- Apr. 24: Charles Strozier, Lincoln’s Quest for Union: A Psycho Biography
- May 22: James McPherson, For Cause and Comrades: Men Who Fought