The Civil War Discussion Group meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Trustees' Room, unless otherwise specified at the Security Desk.
The group meets to discuss themes of the war broadly, such as leadership; battles; military matters; civilian and home front people and events; slavery; and pre-war and post-war politics. Come and enjoy a group that welcomes new members. Everybody learns something every time: a group of the members, by the members, for the members.
For any further questions, please contact the group's co-chair: email@example.com
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 22: David Herbert Donald, We Are Lincoln Men
- Oct. 27: Megan Kate Nelson, The Three Cornered War: The Union, the Confederacy, and Native Peoples in the Fight for the West
- Nov. 17 (N.B. this is the third Wednesday): C. Van Woodward (editor), The Strange Career of Jim Crow, 2nd edition
- Dec. 15 (N.B. this is the third Wednesday): Zachary A. Fry, A Republic in the Ranks: Loyalty and Dissent in the Army of the Potomac
- Jan . 3 (joint meeting with the Fiction group, at their regularly scheduled time of 6:30 p.m.): Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
- Civil War will not meet at their regularly schedule time of 1/26 given the joint meeting with the Fiction group.
- Feb. 23: Craig L. Symonds, Lincoln and His Admirals
- Mar. 23: T. H. Williams, Lincoln and His Generals
- Apr. 27: Jay Winik, April 1865
- May 25: reading t.b.d.