The Fiction Discussion Group meets on the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Titles are suggested by members and then chosen to obtain a variety of authors, publication dates, themes, and lengths.
This group is currently at capacity. For further questions, or to be put on the group's wait list, please write to group moderator Grant Schaumburg at GS@athfiction.org.
We offer meetings through a virtual platform and in-person with a hybrid connection. Please contact the group moderator with questions.
- Jan. 10 (joint meeting with the Civil War group); (N.B. this is the second Monday): Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
- Feb. 7: Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Blithdale Romance
- Mar. 7: Thomas Bernhard, The Loser
- Apr. 4: Matt Ruff, Lovecraft Country
- May 2: Alan Bennett, The Uncommon Reader
- Jun. 6: Adam Johnson, The Orphan Master's Son
- Jul. 11 (N.B. this is the second Monday): Roberto Bolano, Cowboy Graves
- Aug. 1: Abdulrazak Gurnah, Gravel Heart
- Sep. 5: Horatio Alger, Ragged Dick
- Oct. 3: Walter Mosley, The Right Mistake
- Nov. 7: William Maxwell, So Long, See You Tomorrow
- Dec. 5: Dalton Trumbo, Johnny Got His Gun
- Fiction Discussion Group Past Readings