The Fiction Discussion Group meets on the first Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Titles are democratically selected by members, usually around a theme, such as "Around the World in 12 Books" or "Year of Doubles."
For further questions or to be put on the group's email list, please write to group moderator Grant Schaumburg at GS@athfiction.org.
Note that during the Covid-19 outbreak our meetings are held through a virtual platform.
- Jan. 4 (joint meeting with the Civil War group): Jeff Schaara, Smoke at Dawn
- Feb. 1: Reynolds Price, A Long and Happy Life
- Mar. 1: Randall Jarrell, Pictures from an Institution
- Apr. 5: Vladimir Nabokov, Pnin
- May 3: Barry Unsworth, Sacred Hunger
- Jun. 7: Herman Melville, Billy Budd
- Jul. 12 (N.B. this is the second Monday): Graham Greene, The End of The Affair
- Aug. 2: Henry James, The Ambassadors
- Sep. 13 (N.B. this is the second Monday): Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
- Oct. 4: Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary
- Nov. 1: Octavia E. Butler, Kindred
- Dec. 6: Ivan Turgenev, Fathers and Sons
- Fiction Discussion Group Past Readings