The New England Seminar meets the first Monday of the month at 6:00 pm. The Group reads fiction and non-fiction written about Boston and New England. Past selections include Santayana's The Last Puritan, Louis Menand's The Metaphysical Club, Dorothy West's The Living Is Easy, William Dean Howells', The Rise of Silas Lapham, Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, and Nathaniel Hawthorne's Collected Short Stories.
Interested members should contact the group’s moderator, Peg Wheeler, to be placed on the email list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 9 (N.B. this is the second Monday): George Santayana, The Last Puritan
- Oct. 7: Patrick Keefe, Say Nothing
- Nov. 4: William Heat-Moon, Blue Highways
- Dec. 2: Julie Schumacher, Dear Committee Members
- Jan. 6: Jonathan Kozol, Death at an Early Age
- Feb. 3: Jenna Blum, The Lost Family
- Mar. 2: Katharine Smyth, All the Lives We Ever Lived
- Apr. 6: Kevin Birmingham, The Most Dangerous Book
- May 4: Christopher Castellani, Leading Men
- Jun. 1: Richard Russo, Empire Falls