The Philosophy Group meets on the third Thursday of every month at 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified.
This discussion group is for people who wish to step back from their daily routines and take some time to examine the whys and hows in life. We will cast a wide net, from the Classics to the current politics, and participants will be invited to suggest authors and topics of interest.
For further questions, please feel free to write to group moderator Randall Albright at email@example.com.
- Oct. 17: Laura Dassow Walls, Henry David Thoreau: A Life; and more writings by Thoreau such as "Civil Disobedience"
- No November or December meetings
- Jan. 16: Carlos Baker, Emerson Among the Eccentrics; plus a few essays by Emerson such as "The American Scholar" or "Divinity School Address"
- February meeting cancelled
- Mar. 12 meeting (Megan Marshall, The Peabody Sisters) is cancelled
- Apr. 16: reading t.b.d.
- Philosophy Discussion Group Past Readings