The Philosophy Group meets on the third Thursday of every month at 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified.
This discussion group is for people who wish to step back from their daily routines and take some time to examine the whys and hows in life. We will cast a wide net, from the Classics to the current politics, and participants will be invited to suggest authors and topics of interest.
For further questions, please feel free to write to group moderator Randall Albright at email@example.com.
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 20: Brian Magee, Confessions of a Philosopher
- Oct. 18: Ted Honderich, How Free Are You
- N.B. Group will not meet in November or December
- Jan. 17: Michael Puett, The Path—What Chinese Philosophy Can Teach Us About The Good Life
- Feb. 28 (N.B. this is the fourth Thursday): Kwame Anthony Appiah, The Lies That Bind: Rethinking Identity
- Mar. 28 (N.B. this is the fourth Thursday): Mary Jane Jacob, Dewey for Artists
- Apr. 18: Alice Kaplan, Looking for The Stranger: Albert Camus and the Life of a Literary Classic