The Philosophy Group meets on the third Thursday of every month at 6:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified.
This discussion group is for people who wish to step back from their daily routines and take some time to examine the whys and hows in life. We will cast a wide net, from the Classics to the current politics, and participants will be invited to suggest authors and topics of interest.
For further questions, please feel free to write to group moderator Randall Albright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that during the Covid-19 outbreak our meetings are held through a virtual platform.
- Group will recess June through August. Happy Summer!
- Sep. 17: Martha C. Franks, Books Without Borders: Homer, Aeschylus, Galileo, Melville, and Madison Go to China
- Oct. 15: Wolfram Ellenberger, Time of the Magicians: Wittgenstein, Benjamin, Cassirer, Heidegger, and the Decade That Reinvented Philosophy
- Nov. 12 (N.B. this is the second Thursday, date tentative): Stephen Mumford, Metaphysics: A Very Short Introduction
- Dec. 17: Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
- Philosophy Discussion Group Past Readings