The Shakespeare Discussion Group meets the second Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Trustees' Room.
Every year we select a range of plays, each of which is read over two months.
A play leader pre-circulates background readings, talking points and questions as well as the scenes to be read in plenary. Everyone has a chance to read, although anyone who would prefer not to is free to pass. Reading aloud helps to take us off the page and breathes life into the words themselves. Discussions are guided by the play leader and group moderator and generally flow organically.
There is no requirement of familiarity with Shakespeare's works in order to join our discussions. We recommend the Arden edition if you are acquiring a new text.
For further questions, please feel free to write to group moderator Michael Almond at email@example.com.
- Jun. 12: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Jul. 10: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- No August meeting!
- Sep. 11: Coriolanus
- Oct. 9: Coriolanus
- Nov. 13: As You Like It
- Dec. 11: As You Like It
- Jan. 8: Much Ado About Nothing
- Feb. 12: Much Ado About Nothing
- Mar. 11: Measure for Measure
- Apr. 8: Measure for Measure
- May 13: Great Speeches/Sonnets
- Jun. 10: The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Jul. 8: The Merry Wives of Windsor