Short & Sweet meets virtually the fourth Thursday (with exceptions noted below) of each month at 6:00 p.m.
“If I had more time, this would be shorter.” Just because something is a quick read does not mean it can be easily appreciated.
During the stay-at-home advisory, we initiated a new, weekly discussion group, Short & Sweet, to connect via videoconference with readers while respecting social distancing. Now that we move toward a “new normal,” we’ll plan to meet once a month, the fourth Thursday of the month when possible, via videoconference for the foreseeable future.
To join the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let librarians know. You will receive an invitation with link or password by email.
- Jan. 21 (N.B. this is the third Thursday): Octavia E. Butler, "Speech Sounds"
- Feb. 25 Graham Swift, "Blushes"
- Mar. 25 Anton Chekhov, "Darling"
- Apr. 22 Robert Frost, "The Question of a Feather"
- May 27
- Jun. 24
- Jul. 22
- Aug. 26
- Sep. 23
- Oct. 28
- Nov. date TBD (falls on Thanksgiving)
- Dec. 23