Sponsored by the Boston Athenæum Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion Working Group
Interested in social justice issues? So are we! The Boston Athenæum’s Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion (DEAI) Working Group invites you to join our Social Justice Initiative. We’ll meet once a month to discuss a variety of materials and resources aimed at deepening our understanding of social justice and increasing our cultural competencies. Join us every Third Wednesday at noon.
The Social Justice Initiative welcomes new particpants, so please, join us! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that during the Covid-19 outbreak our meetings are held through a virtual platform.
- Feb. 17: Still Processing podcast, "Asian-Americans Talk About Racism," part 1 & part 2
- Mar. 17: The 54th in '22 by Kirsten Greenidge, from Huntington Theatre’s Dream Boston Audio Play series
- Apr. 21: Jericho Brown, "The Tradition" (poetry)
- May 19: Gene Luen Yang, American Born Chinese (graphic novel)
- Jun. 16: “13th” (documentary on YouTube or Netflix)
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 15: Isabel Wilkerson, The Warmth of Other Suns (nonfiction)
- Oct. 20: Crip Camp: a Disability Revolution (documentary on Netflix)
- Nov. 17: Jim Vrabel, A People’s History of the New Boston (nonfiction)
- Dec. 15: Juila Alvarez, Afterlife (novel)