The Trollope Discussion Group meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Seminar Room. Over the past several years, Boston Athenæum Trollope enthusiasts have completed all of Trollope's novels, yet many have decided to read them all over again. Sometimes the group complements their reading list with another contemporary novelist or a biography.
Interested members should contact the group's moderator to be put on the email list: Willardpope@mac.com.
Note that during the Covid-19 outbreak our meetings are held through a virtual platform.
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 1: The Eustace Diamond
- Oct. 6: Phineas Redux
- Oct. 27 (November rescheduled date. This meeting is not taking place on the usual first Tuesday since that is Election Day): Sir Harry Hotspur of Humblethwait
- Dec. 1: Mr. Scarborough’s Family
- Jan. 5: Ralph the Heir
- Feb. 2: The American Senator
- Mar. 2: Castle Richmond
- Apr. 6: The Landleaguers
- May 4: Wilkie Collins, No Name
- Jun. 1: George Eliot, Felix Holt, discussion led by Professor Jim Buzard
- Happy Summer!
- Sep. 7: The Way We Live Now, discussion led by Professor Peltason. N.B. To accommodate the guest lecturer, the time and manner of the September meeting is subject to change. Those interested in attending should contact group moderator Bill Pope.