The Trollope Discussion Group meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Seminar Room. Over the past several years, Boston Athenæum Trollope enthusiasts have completed all of Trollope's novels, yet many have decided to read them all over again. Sometimes the group complements their reading list with another contemporary novelist or a biography.
Interested members should contact the group's moderator to be put on the email list: Willardpope@mac.com
- Jun. 5: Marion Fay
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 4: last third of Marion Fay, and Harry Heathcote of Gangoil
- Oct. 2: Ralph the Heir
- Nov. 6: Barsetshire series—Dr. Thorne
- Dec. 4: Barsetshire series—Framley Parsonage
- No January meeting
- Feb. 5: He Knew He Was Right
- For the remainder of the year we will read two “sensation novels”, The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins and Lady Audley’s Secret, by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. In addition we will read two of Trollope’s earliest works, The Macdermots of Ballycloran (1847) and The Kellys and the O’Kelleys (1848). These are Trollope’s first two novels and are a part of his Irish group of novels. The schedule for reading these books will be established later.
- Mar. 5
- Apr. 2
- May 7
- Jun. 4