The Trollope Discussion Group meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Seminar Room. Over the past several years, Boston Athenæum Trollope enthusiasts have completed all of Trollope's novels, yet many have decided to read them all over again. Sometimes the group complements their reading list with another contemporary novelist or a biography.
Interested members should contact the group's moderator to be put on the email list: Willardpope@mac.com.
We offer meetings through a virtual platform and in-person with a hybrid connection. Please contact the group moderator with questions.
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 6: Trollope’s life; read one or more of the following three titles and we will discuss Trollope’s life and the different presentations of Trollope: Autobiography; Trollope, by CP Snow; and Anthony Trollope, by Victoria Glendinnning.
- Oct. 3 (N.B. this is the first Monday): Ayala’s Angel
- Nov. 1: Brown, Smith and Robinson
- Dec. 6: The Claverlings
- Jan. 3: Lady Anna
For the winter/spring we may read, in an order to be determined:
- He Knew He Was Right: This is a controversial book and we should discuss whether we will read it.
- Dr. Wortle’s School
- Miss MacKenzie
- Armadale, by Wilkie Collins
- Feb. 7
- Mar. 7
- Apr. 4
- May 2
- Jun. 6