When Big Ben tolls DONG,DONG,DONG, This is London Calling----August 20, 1940 "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." The Group will meet on the third Saturday of the month at 10:30 a.m.
Please contact Peter Mongeau if you have further questions.
Note that during the Covid-19 outbreak our meetings are held through a virtual platform.
- Jan. 16: Michael Neiberg, Potsdam: The End of World War II and the Remaking of Europe
- Feb. 20: Tim Bouverie, Appeasement
- Mar. 20: John J. Stephan, Hawaii Under the Rising Sun: Japan's Plans for Conquest After Pearl Harbor
- Apr. 17: Gordon Thomas & Greg Lewis, Defying Hitler: The Germans Who Resisted Nazi Rule
- May 15: Henry Ashby Turner, Jr., Hitler's Thirty Days to Power January 1933
- Jun. 19: Telford Taylor, Anatomy of the Nuremberg Trials: A Personal Memoir
- Jul 17: Thomas Childers, Soldier From the War Returning: The Greatest Generation's Troubled Homecoming from World War II
- Aug. 21: Tim Bouverie, Appeasement
Sep. 18: Hampton Sides, Ghost Soldiers: The Epic Account of World War II's Greatest Rescue Mission
Oct. 16: Jim Bishop, FDR's Last Year
Nov. 20: Adam Hochschild, Spain in Our Hearts: Americans in the Spanish Civil War 1936–1939
Dec. 18: Yuma Totani, The Tokyo War Crimes Trial: The Pursuit of Justice in the Wake of World War II
Jan. 15: Michael Paradis, Last Mission to Tokyo: The Extraordinary Story of the Doolittle Raiders and Their Final Fight for Justice
Feb. 19: Jeremy Black, A History of the Second World War in 100 Maps
Mar. 19: Meredith Hindley, Destination Casablanca: Exile, Espionage, and the Battle for North Africa in World War II
Apr. 16: Frank Sisson with Robert L. Wise, I Marched With Patton: A Firsthand Account of World War II Alongside One of the U.S Army’s Greatest Generals
May 21: Tom Timmermans, Operation Market Garden: September 1944 (Then & Now) by Simon Forty
Jun. 18: Vesa Nenye, Peter Munter, Toni Wirtanen, Chris Birks, Finland at War: The Continuation and Lapland Wars 1941–45
Jul. 16: Victor Davis Hanson, The Second World Wars: How the First Global Conflict Was Fought and Won
Aug. 20: Peter Clark, Churchill's Britain: From the Antrim Coast to the Isle of Wight
Sep 17: Chester Nez/Judith Schiess Avila, Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir by One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers