The Mathematics, Technology & Society discussion group will meet the first Saturday of every month in the Coolidge Seminar Room (on 1G), from 10:30 a.m. to noon and will consider mathematics and technology topics from historical and social perspectives.
Participation is encouraged by anyone interested in the history and impact of technology — no mathematics or computing expertise is required. Each meeting will focus on a different topic and background reading.
For further information, please contact the discussion group moderator at: email@example.com
- Sep. 8 (N.B. this is the second Saturday): Carlo Rovelli, The Order of Time
- Oct. 6: Steven Weinberg, Third Thoughts
- Nov. 3: Alan Jasanoff, The Biological Mind: How Brain, Body, and Environment Collaborate to Make Us Who We Are
- Dec. 1: Sean Carroll, The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself
- Jan. 5: Peter Godfrey-Smith, Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea and the Deep Origins of Consciousness