The Trollope Discussion Group meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the Seminar Room. Over the past several years, Boston Athenæum Trollope enthusiasts have completed all of Trollope's novels, yet many have decided to read them all over again. Sometimes the group complements their reading list with another contemporary novelist or a biography.
Interested members should contact the group's moderator to be put on the email list: Willardpope@mac.com
- Jun. 5: Marion Fay
- Happy summer!
- Sep. 4: last third of Marion Fay, and Harry Heathcote of Gangoil
- Oct. 2: Ralph the Heir
- Nov. 6: Barsetshire series—Dr. Thorne
- Dec. 4: Barsetshire series—Framley Parsonage
- No January meeting
- Feb. 5: He Knew He Was Right
- Mar. 5: Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Lady Audley's Secret. This is a joint meeting with the Dickens group.
- Apr. 2
- May 7: The Macdermots of Ballycloran
- Jun. 4: The Kellys and the O’Kelleys
- The last two novels are Trollope’s first. They are part of a group known as the Irish novels, which we will read in the future. There are no meetings over the summer. The next meeting will be September 3. The schedule of readings for the fall and winter will be announced in June.