- Boston Athenæum. 50 Books in the Collection of the Boston Athenæum. 1994.
- Cushing, Stanley E. with an introductory essay by Michael Wentworth. The George Washington Library Collection, c1997. $10
- Kruse, Robert, with a foreword by Nathan C. Shiverick. The Henry Rowe Schoolcraft Collection: A Catalogue of Books in Native American Languages in the Library of the Boston Athenæum. 1991.
- Nonack, Stephen Z. A Catalogue of Manuscripts from the Collections of the Boston Athenæum. 1990.
- Nonack, Stephen Z. ed. The Civil War Journal of Almon D. Hodges, Jr. 2003, $2
- Wentworth, Michael. Look Again: Essays on the Boston Athenæum's Art Collections. 2003.
- Whitney, Hugh. The Letters of Hugh Whitney. 1970. $10
- Wight, Crocker. John Masefield: A Bibliographical Description of His First, Limited, Signed, and Special Editions. 1986.
- Boston Athenæum. Change and continuity: A Pictorial History of the Boston Athenæum, 1976. $7.50
- Boston Athenaeum, Walter Muir Whitehill: Director & Librarian, Boston Athenæum 1946-1973
- Hirayama, Hina. "With Eclat": The Boston Athenæum and the Origin of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. 2013.
- Wendorf, Richard, ed. The Boston Athenæum: Bicentennial Essays. 2009.
- Whitehill, Walter Muir. A Boston Athenæum Anthology, 1907-1972. 1973.
- Whitehill, Walter Muir. A Memoir of John Otis Brew, Director, 1948-1967. 1968.
- Balken, Debra Bricker. John Storrs: Machine-Age Modernist, 2010.
- Belliveau, James E. K equals X, and then Some: A Problem in Identification, 1965.
- Boston Athenæum. Granados and Goyescas: The Catalogue of an Exhibition Honoring Enrique Granados and the American Premiere of Goyescas. c1982.
- Boston Athenæum. Renovation: Photographs by Shellburne Thurber. 2002. $10
- Boston Athenæum. Sculptural Ceramics in New England Today. 1996.
- Boston Athenæum. Vanderwarker's Pantheon. Minds and Matter in Boston, 2009.
- Dearinger, David B. George Deem: The Art of Art History. 2012.
- Dearinger, David B. Lafayette: An American Icon. 2015. $5
- Gamble, Susan, Michael Wenyon and the Boston Athenæum. Bibliomancy: An Exhibition of Holograms. 1998.
- Grace, Trudie A. and David B. Dearinger, with a contribution by Charles S. Adams. George Pope Morris: Defining American Culture. 2009. $20, $10
- Mazow, Leo G. with contributions by Sarah Burns, et al. Picturing the Banjo. 2005.
- Pierce, Sally with Catharina Slautterback and Georgia Brady Barnhill. Early American Lithography: Images to 1830. 1997.
- Walker, Anne with an essay by Dennis Montagna and Jean Henry. Anne Walker's Painted Books. 2003.
- Wendorf, Richard. All Shook Up: Thomas Kellner Photographs the Boston Athenæum. 2008.
- Slautterback, Catharina. Designing the Boston Athenæum: 10 1/2 at 150. 1999.
- Slautterback, Catharina. Over Here: World War I Posters from around the World. 2004.
- Wentworth, Michael with Elizabeth Lamb Clark. The Boston Library Society, 1794-1994: An Exhibition of Portraits, Views, and Materials Related to the Foundation of the Society and Some of its Early Members. 1995.
- Whitehill, Walter Muir and Keechong Society. Portrait of a Chinese Diplomat of the Last Manchu Emperors: Sir Chentung Liang Cheng, Taotai, K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O. 1974.
- Wick, Peter A. French Illustrated books of the Romantic Period, 1820-1850: [Exhibition] January 4 through 29, 1983. 1983.
- Boston Athenæum, with essays by John Phillips, Peter Quennell & Lorna Sage. The Last Edwardians: An Illustrated History of Violet Trefusis & Alice Keppel. 1985.
- Lowell, Amy, with views by Rudolph Ruzicka. "The Boston Athenæum": A Poem by Amy Lowell. 2007. $1
- Morgan, Sarah M., with an introduction by Michael Wentworth and chronology by Sarah M. Morgan. Conger Metcalf: A Retrospective. 1990. $15
- Whitehill, Walter Muir. Independent Historical Societies. 1962.