All visitors and members of the public are welcome to visit our first floor and exhibitions.
Find information about Day Passes to the whole building.
All spaces for Athenæum members are open throughout the building. The Children's Library is open by appointment on Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The two terraces are open to members and Day Pass users!
- Questions? Visit our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page, or give us a call.
- People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may remove their masks inside the Athenæum, per state guidance. We ask those who are not fully vaccinated to continue to wear masks.
ONGOING VIRTUAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS
- A book mailing service
- Reference, circulation, and membership services by phone or email
- Free virtual events (nonmembers pay a nominal fee)
- Virtual discussion groups
- Access to reference tools, newspapers, magazines, and scholarly publications through our electronic resources
- The weekly At Home e-newsletter and other communications
Please check events listings and our social media feeds for the many online book talks, lectures, and other events you can join from home. We are sending our most timely updates via email; all members and visitors are welcome to join our email list here.
In-person member and visitor activities, including lecture and concert programs, class visits, rentals, and meetings, are suspended.
Library staffers are providing regular services for readers, including book borrowing and returns, reference assistance, and help with electronic resources. Call (617) 227-0270 x302, email email@example.com, or come in and see us.
Most of our discussion groups are meeting virtually. The BA is providing online videoconference access.