We're open and ready to welcome you!
The red doors are open to members, Day Pass users, and visitors. No reservations needed. Come in any time.
- All visitors and members of the public are welcome to visit our first floor and exhibitions. Many of our virtual and in-person events are open to all.
- Find information about Day Passes to the whole building.
- All spaces for Athenæum members are open throughout the building except areas under construction. Children's Library services are available Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays with Story Times on demand weekdays between 10:30 AM and 1 PM and at 10:30 AM Saturdays.
- The two terraces are closed for the winter.
- Questions? Visit our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page, or give us a call.
PANDEMIC SAFETY PRACTICES
- To protect all who come through our doors, everyone must follow current state and city guidelines at all times.
- Monitor your health and stay home if you feel unwell. If you’ve been in contact with anyone who’s tested positive or been exposed to COVID-19, please visit another time.
- Most of our events are designed as mixed-presence, with in-person and virtual options. If you’re unvaccinated, we strongly urge you to join us virtually.
- A changing environment demands flexibility. We thank everyone in the broader BA community for your understanding if events and access need to change at any point. We send our most timely public updates via email; everyone is welcome to join our email list.
ONGOING VIRTUAL SERVICES AND BENEFITS FOR MEMBERS
- A book mailing service
- Reference, circulation, and membership services by phone or email
- Free or discounted virtual or in-person events
- Virtual/in-person discussion groups
- Access to reference tools, newspapers, magazines, and scholarly publications through our electronic resources
- The weekly At Home e-newsletter and other communications
Library staffers are providing regular services for readers, including book borrowing and returns, reference assistance, and help with electronic resources. Call (617) 227-0270 x302, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or come in and see us.
Most of our discussion groups are meeting virtually, in-person, or a hybrid of the two.